
The Bride Game.
Notice how it's only acceptable for ages 8-14. After 14, it's time to start the hunt for a REAL husband.
PFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTT!!!
Do you know what I wanted to be when I was a little girl?
Not a bride, an American Gladiator.
For real.
I'm only sorry I didn't open that box to see what was inside. Probably dusty old dreams and aspirations.
Aside from that little dose of misogynism, I have been finding some pretty great stuff there lately.
This serving platter is just the right combination of Mawmaw and fun.
I love this little milk glass pedestal bowl. I am still on the lookout for milk glass platters and cake pedestals
Hobnail milk glass vase full of knockout roses from my bushes.
Smaller milk glass bud vase and fleur de lis metal bucket. I'm thinking of planting something in that bucket, but I'm happy with it in the foyer for now.
Our thrift store offers a WEALTH of randomness, but I rarely ever leave there without something awesome. I've gotten all my shorts there this year. I basically needed a whole new wardrobe from going from a size 12 to size 6 so I hit up the thrift store because I LOVE a bargain. In my humble opinion, Ann Taylor Loft, Gap, or Old Navy shorts for $3.00 are a great bargain.
If you're ever on my side of town, please plan on going with me. I promise I won't make you dress up as a bride.


Love the milk glass! You should sign up for Thrifty Thursday at Bloggeritaville. Leigh is an Alabama girl too!
ReplyDeletehttp://lbratina.blogspot.com
Hope you have a great day!
Can you imagine an 8 year old girl and a 14 year old girl playing the same game? Not me! Love the mawmaw tray! I love milk glass and Jadite!!! What a score for you, good hunting!
ReplyDeleteI totally want to go thrifting with you. The only time I went to a thrift store, it was like the thrift store where thrift stores gave away the stuff that they couldn't sell.
ReplyDeleteI'm dying to know what had Hannah Montana on it.
Do you know anything about milk glass? How can you tell if it is Fenton? I have some old pieces and am curious...
ReplyDeleteThat bride game is a real hoot!
ReplyDeleteToo cute post !
ReplyDeleteThe bride game - too funny !
Love your finds - girl, you did well !
Kammy
Oh, the milk glass pedestal bowl is lovely.
ReplyDeleteThe bride game---hilarious.
Thanks for linking up!You got some cute things! That game is great! Thanks for linking up today for Thrifty Thursday! Be sure and link back in your post too so we can corss post. I am so appreciative! I love new friends. Thanks to Jennifer too. So sweet!
ReplyDeleteLeigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
lbratina.blogspot.com
From a size 12 to a size 6??? You go girl! Like your finds!
ReplyDeleteI have a game called "What Shall I Be ?" and it's about the careers that a young girl can have and what qualities she must posses. It's awful and hysterical all at the same time. I cam imagine the bride game that same way LOL
ReplyDeleteCute game, love the milk glass.
ReplyDeleteAlly
That game is AWESOME!!! How could you not buy it?!?!?!
ReplyDelete