Friday, June 5, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday--The Office




Once again, I'm letting strangers in my home to see my office and a creature in its natural habitat.

Jason works from home, so this is where he spends a lot of time.

Oh look, there he is! Sssshhhhhhh......don't want to startle him.

Working from home poses great occupational hazards such as looking at your computer screen for too long and getting a pinched nerve in your neck....hence the heating pad.

If we're very quiet, we may be able to sneak around the side and get a close up of his natural working environment....

He finds it very efficient to work with 2 monitors. We seem to have caught him in a state of deep thought. He is a very productive worker and cannot be distracted by the likes of me.

Moving on....

This is my corner of the office in which I refuse to sit until I get a better chair. That is the desk that Jason and Joe got me for Mother's Day. See all those books? Alllll of those books plus three in my bag are what I have to read for this semester....yep just one semester's worth of books!


This is a close up of my awesome curtains I got super cheap at JCPenny.


They frame the window that gives us a fantastic view....of the neighbor's house.

Since I didn't post about my dining room...I thought I'd show you why.

This is my dining room. One day I'll get some dining room furniture. One day.


I love the light fixture.


And the wainscot.


Y'all come back next week and see my bathroom! No one will be in it...I promise. The exclamation point is because I'm so excited to show off the remodeling job we did!

6 comments:

  1. your molding is lovely and you got your man in action

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute office! I love the dark wood. And I don't blame you for not sitting in that chair!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel,
    Your office is beautiful and your dining room is fantastic!
    I love your gorgeous wainscotting. Oh I would want a set soooo badly if I had your dining room. Lucky you!

    Thank you for kind words today.

    Have a blessed day.
    ~Warmly, Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea how he works with 2 monitors at once! Lovely office and yes, you deserve a better chair than that! Can't wait to see your bathroom (that sounds weird).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your office, so cute!! love the curtains! Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dropping by from SITS! LOVE your house!!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!

 

hit tracker