Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Giveaway! Because Everybody's Doing It!

Today, in the spirit of....um.....Tuesday, I'm giving away a copy of one of my favorite cookbooks!



This cookbook is similar to some of the "semi-homemade" ideas. It has over 230 recipes that use some fresh, and some ready-made ingredients.They are pretty much easy, yet impressive. Basically, it's awesome.

The book is not just 536 pages of straight recipes...that would be boring. Seriously, this is bathtub reading material!

There are lists (which I automatically love) about "doctoring" things you probably already have, and some light reading about...you know...cooking stuff.

The bottom line is, unless you are the Pioneer Woman, Martha Stewart, or Paula Deen, this book will be an absolute GEM to have in your kitchen.

To enter: Do any or all of these 4 things

1. Leave a comment with something you LOVE to cook, or WOULD LOVE to cook (gold star if you leave the recipe!)

2. Follow me on Twitter and comment that so I'll know.

3. Follow my blog and comment that so I'll know.

4. Tweet the giveaway and comment that so I'll know.

Enter until Midnight on Sunday July 19. I'll randomly pick a winner on Monday July 20.

Love y'all, mean it!

P.S. I'm going to make some recipes from this book in the coming week, be sure to check back!

18 comments:

  1. Dropping by from SITStas...WOW what a wonderful book, blog!!! Love the 15 ways to Doctor Bake Beans...lol

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this cookbook. I need this cookbook. Something I love to "cook" is lemon chicken salad. See the recipe here--http://whistlestopcooking.blogspot.com/2009/06/lemon-chicken-salad.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm already following you on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I follow your blog!

    Oh, and here's some other stuff I love to cook: (I totally forgot I have a recipe blog) http://liannelovesrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. I love cookbooks. My fav thing to cook is tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I now follow you on twitter.Lhsmom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great book. I feel like I'm in a rut with my recipes so I'd love to win.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow you on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I subscribe to your blog through a reader.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm tweeting about this giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachel, I really do think that you could use this on your oak crib. I would get a small can of the Polyshades (and from my experience, the Bombay Mag. went on the darkest). You could even add in a little regular dark walnut stain to the Bombay to get it darker and just paint it on there and see how it does. I found it very easy to work with and what you see is basically one coat of the stuff. It went on that good. Practice first, but I'm sure it will work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really do love to cook (imagine Martha, P-Dub, Paula, et. al) but have such a small amount of time that I usually rely on the Crock-pot or quick recipes. The one exception is baking and desserts - I can spend hours on those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm, have you ever watched Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee on Food Network? LOVE that show :)
    Stopping by from SITS <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to have that book. Her cake book is incredible.
    I love to make granola. Here's my post with the recipe:
    http://www.suburbsanity.com/2009/07/rules-and-revelations.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite thing to cook and my family's favorite thing to eat.

    http://valeriegail.blogspot.com/2008/12/tasteful-thursday-yum-yum.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tweeted!
    http://twitter.com/ValerieGail/status/2703088963

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!

 

hit tracker