Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Storytelling Goat and Other Saturday Follies

This Saturday was as fun as a barrel of monkeys (after Jason and I got over our typical outing sourness). We went to Downtown Birmingham to Pepper Place Market to get some local produce. I didn't have a solid idea of what I needed so we just kind of looked around purposelessly, which gave Jason stomach cramps. The man likes to have a plan. We ended up with some peas, squash and peaches.

Then we went to 5 points south and wandered around looking for somewhere to eat. Due to our general indecisiveness, I wound up having to make the decision, a decision which no one was happy with. But I'm not going to saturate my blog with bad restaurant reviews. SO after we ate, we walked around for a little while and found:

A goat reading a story



To a deer on a dog's back.
I love downtown.

I also found Quinlan Castle

I hope they do something with it, it's too cool not to!

We also went to a HUGE yard sale coordinated my my dear friend Tina's church to help a local community. We bought SO MUCH STUFF we had to bring the car around to get it. We only spent TWELVE DOLLARS!

Joe racked up the most,

He is set for a while on clothes. Many of them were brand new!

I also got some clothes (expensive brands that I wouldn't normally buy) AND

This beautiful brand new bundt pan and a brand new salad spinner in the box.

How can this day get any better you ask?

Only with a trip to Costco to finally buy the furniture I've been drooling over for my foyer.

This cute little bench,


And this fun chest to match the artwork!

But wait, there's more...
We ate dinner at Joe's Italian which I LOVE and had this for desert:

I hope y'all know I only eat stuff like this once in a blue moon, but my goodness was it worth it!

What a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. The fountain and Quinlan castle are two of my most favorite landmarks downtown. We've yet to make it to Pepper Place Market but I will some time!
    That cake looks divine, my stomach is growling just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a haul at the yard sale! The chest under the artwork looked amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe's Italian is the best!! We went there after finding my wedding dress and Joe gave me a kiss and a hug! He's so cute....

    Anna H

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen the castle. Where is it? I'll have to find it next time I'm in B'ham.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that castle awesome to be empty? It's so sad... I really hope they do something cool with it!

    And be sure and go to the Galleria and find the Duck Butted Frog on the Carousel to round out the tour of odd animals in odd places....

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!

 

hit tracker