Fast forward....we were literally 100 yards from our condo and we saw blue lights behind us. When the officer walked up, Jason accidentally let down the back window instead of the front to expose our little sleeping angel in the back seat. The officer asked if he was okay because he had been weaving. Jason told him that his weary eyes were just taking in all the scenery of how much Orange Beach had changed since he lived there. After running Jason's license and seeing he was clean as a whistle, and upon realization that the only things being consumed in our car were Gatorade and beef jerky, he let us go and told us to have a safe night.
We got to the condo and went straight to bed, but not before Joe had a good old fashioned freak out about the wonderfulness of the bunk beds.
Wednesday morning we played at the beach.....a lot!
I think this might be my favorite picture of all time.
I had to educate Joe on the fine art of sandcastle building.
The water was really rough, so we spent a good deal of time at the pool (We got brave the next days).
Joe impressed the innocent bystanders with his cannonball.
SUCCESS!
Well....almost.
Jason caught a ride on the float.
It was a great day. We all got some sun and after getting cleaned up, we ate dinner at the Original Oyster House with our friend Jay. Before heading home, we ate ice cream at Scoops.
To make the night even more exciting, I fell asleep at 8:45. I'm cool like that.


That looks like so much fun!! I can't wait to get back down to Orange Beach in a couple of weeks.
ReplyDelete