Now that that's out of the way....I went yard-sale-ing Saturday morning and it was my most successful trip in a while. I always go alone because my friends are much too sophisticated for yard sales. Seriously, 2 of them won't even shop at TJ Maxx because it's too much trouble!
WHAT?!? Why they remain friends with me, I'm not sure, but I love them anyway. Y'all know who you are!
As you might know, my house is severely un-decorated with the exception of a few recent Pier 1 purchases. I decided I would work on that a little while still maintaining that minimalistic
Here's what I got this weekend: (please excuse the bad lighting, it's night and I can't wait until daylight)
These little things held votive candles, but since I'm not very fond of unlit candles everywhere, I knew immediately that they were perfect for rolled up towels!
Cost-- 50 cents!
These little doo-dads were perfect for my green room, since it's walls are embarrassingly bare.
Cost-1 dollar for all 3.
This one is my favorite.
I also got this adorable green seersucker blazer. It's very light and summery.
What's that? The tag is still on it?
SUH-WEET! Now, guess how much I paid....
1 dollar!
I also got a garden claw. It would have been helpful a few months ago when re-doing our flowerbeds. Considering our entire property is CLAY, this will definitely come in handy. Plus, Billy Mays says it's awesome.
Cost--2 dollars!
I also bought a new bike seat for my BFF Tabatha's bike which was affectionately named The Crotch Crusher, or C squared. Now she can ride without fear of permanent sterility!
Cost--5 dollars.
Total--$9.50
I'd say it was a successful day.
On a side note, we are leaving for the beach tomorrow!!!
That means, you probably won't hear from me until Saturday, as I am skirting around my internet addiction for sake of my vacation.
Love y'all....mean it!


What great finds...the Gap jacket is too cute. I love it when I can get something that still has the price tag on it!!!
ReplyDeleteToni
Rachel, thanks for joining the party! I love your finds & would have bought that blazer in a second too. And it's my size! :) So nice to meet you, I don't think I've been by your blog before. I also say that EXACT little doorknob thing last weekend at my yardsales & didn't buy it. I don't think I have a spot for it, but it is cute.
ReplyDeleteHave fun at the beach! You had a very successful day at the yard sales!
ReplyDeleteAlways wanted a Garden Claw! Love that little jacket, and that little shelf. Great finds!
ReplyDeleteNice finds! And what - you have friends that won't shop at TJ Maxx? That's crazy! Have a great time at the beach!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the little doorknob! and have a great time at the beach (I miss the beach...)
ReplyDeleteNice finds!! I LOVE a good bargain. Garage sales are the best!!
ReplyDelete