Friday, May 1, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday

It's not as creepy as it sounds, I promise! This idea came from Kelly, whose blog I enjoy reading. She came up with the idea to post photos of her house one room at a time. I decided to participate since there are many members of my own family who haven't seen my house due to either the distance between us, or my severe antisocial disorder. HA!
Anyway, she is starting with the kitchen, so here we are in my kitchen:
This is the fun side of my kitchen...where it all goes down. If you have read any of my recipe posts (as I'm sure you have) you have seen glimpses of my kitchen, but here it is in all it's glory. Notice the rogue cake pedestal waaaay up high. I love this dish, but since I have started the 30 day shred I won't be making any cakes for at least 29 more days.This is the business side of my kitchen...where the washin' gets done. There is a lot of washin' done here. At least one load per day in the dishwasher and my cookware (bless it's heart) must be washed by hand. In true Rachel fashion, there is actually a pot just waiting for a washin' in my sink. This side of the kitchen is much less fun.This is the granite that I did not pick. It reminds me of sea amoebas.





This is the tile backsplash. It goes throughout the entire kitchen and I enjoy it very much :)
That's publix honey wheat bread on my counter and it's AMAZING! My favorite sandwich bread ever, and it's not sweet. That's a breadmaker all the way on the end and next to it is my toaster. Funny story: I used to have a nice, matching black toaster but one day it stopped working and I threw it away and bought the cheapest toaster I could find which was the white one above. Come to find out, the breaker was tripped for that outlet so I threw away a fine toaster! Y'all, I made the Dean's list, what's wrong with me?!? That funny looking white thing is a banana hanger, devoid of bananas (Tomorrow is shopping day...ugh)

It's been fun and I can't wait to show y'all the new bathroom!

Come back now, y'hear!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful kitchen - our cabinets are very similar in color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my kitchen :) You're kitchen looks very open and bright to me, too! You have a very nice kitchen. It's funny that you put that cake stand way up there. That's one way to make it off limits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your kitchen!! It is so very pretty!! Great blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your kitchen!!! Thanks for sharing!
    And I'm laughing - I hadn't thought about how the title of my tour DOES sound a little creepy. I promise not to ask anyone to show the outside of their homes or their addresses. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your kitchen... I think we were meant to be friends... Your name is Rachel(spelled the correct way, I might add) and you're an Alabama fan... Whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your kitchen!! Thank you for opening up your home!
    -Ash-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your kitchen...even the business side. Look at all those windows. You must have a very bright house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed the tour! I love your tile backsplash and cabinet hardware. If/when I decide to put some knobs and handles on my doors and drawers, I just might copy yours!

    BTW, being an English nerd is pretty great don't you think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love your backsplash!! Wow, your kitchen is great...thanks for sharing it and for your compliments on mine. This is so much fun taking tours of kitchens while I sit here with my cup of coffee. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how your cake stand is hiding out for 29 (28 now) more days....good luck with your shred and I love your kitchen.

    Um, and I was also on the Dean's List and threw out a hand mixer for that very.same.reason. I felt SO dumb. Lucky for me I lived alone then and didn't have to fess up to a soul. Until now. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the backplash, counter, and cabinet colors. Basically, I love everything! :o)

    Thanks for letting us look!

    www.lifeofashleylancaster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your kitchen! Good luck with the 30 day shred! Thanks for sharing!

    http://reddirtroads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute kitchen! I'm getting new granite counters and a travertine and glass backsplash install next week and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!

 

hit tracker